weird documentry last night

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kat, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Kat

Kat
    Heart & Soul

+0
    I watched something called "I am my own twin" last night...it was so weird its about how some people were supposed to be twins but within the first few days the eggs fused together making just one person...

this poor woman on the show last night went through 2 years of hell cause doctors didnt know about it too much....she had applied for welfare for her 2 kids (another on the way) and when they took blood samples the dna came back as her children not being her children due to completly different dna (but they were the fathers dna match still)...they took her kids away while the investigation was going on thinking she was trying to fraud the state...it took forever for them to figure out what was happening...can you imagine if someone told you (as a woman) you didnt give birth to your children?

It was so weird to hear of I never knew that happened...Its called being a chimera...all it was, was that the woman was actually made up of 2 different dna structures.

they have extreme cases too where if it was originally a boy and girl embryo that fused together the baby is born with both girl and boy parts.

weird.

Now imagine this...what if someone who raped a girl or committed some other crime was a chimera...they could easily get off from it in a way which is scary since today criminal investigation is based so much off dna. the way they explained it in the show was that you can take hair samples from someone who is that way...and if they were found at a crime scene the investigators would think it was 2 different people there. so when tested the chimera would be cleared cause it didnt match either of the dna samples. (also one last side note: in someone who is a chimera...you can test their blood and come back with one dna set...and take a swab from their mouth or test internal organs and come back with completly different set...in certain parts of the body one set is dominate in others the other set is)

and no one would ever know you were a chimera not even yourself ...unless you had some medical problems somewhere along the way of your life

2. Peter Parka

Peter Parka
    Renowned Member

+2
    That is weird! Just hope that not to many people who are born that way turn into criminals!:eek

3. dt3

dt3
    Back By Unpopular Demand

+0
    There was a CSI episode with a chimera :)

4. Kat

Kat
    Heart & Soul

+0
    thats weird i musta missed that one then...i always watch all the csi shows...never heard of it even then...now i wonder how they found out

5. TripSevens

TripSevens

+0
    That was a freaky episode. :eek

It was called Bloodlines.

6. dt3

dt3
    Back By Unpopular Demand

+0
    CSI Files - 'Bloodlines'

7. Kat

Kat
    Heart & Soul

+0
    lol thanks donnie i was wondering...also that made me think to add to my story...as in the case with that woman sometimes they have no outside physical markings that would lead dr's to think they were a chimera...most cases have signs of different skin pigmintations...but in the womans case they had no markings to go by...nothing that suggested she was one

8. dt3

dt3
    Back By Unpopular Demand

+0
    It's a really weird thing....

9. Ria

Ria

+0
    We had a programme about a chimera, some time ago now. Very interesting.

It's really amazing how they work these things out.

I alwys watch doc's, it's the way to be made aware - as long as the facts are all there and verified obviously, but they are a good watch.

People are very complex, fascinating beings.:)