Remeber when Firestone had the troubles with

Discussion in 'DIY: Do It Yourself' started by pjbleek, Mar 22, 2012.

1. pjbleek

pjbleek

+2
    blown out tires and people were wondering why this was happening? Well the ingenious minds at Lexus decided to put in a sensor in their cars (including mine) indicating a driver of a low tire when the pressure went down below a certain level. Well for the better part of three months my light would come on and I would go see my Lexus guy and they would do the vodoo which they do and I would be on my way. Three weeks ago it happened again, so I did my routine and I drove away. (when we got back from our cruise)Just recently (the other day) light came back on, so I emailed my guy and he says maybe I have a slow leak in the tire. My question is do I replace all four tires and start fresh with a new set so this would happen less frequently or do I keep the four and have them inspect all four for leaks, and the whole ball of wax?
    Thoughts?
    thanks!
    ~PJ~

2. Jezzebelle

Jezzebelle

+1
    It use to happen to my Hummer constantly... there was nothing wrong at all with the tires, it was simply the change in temperture that was causing it (cold air constircts, lower tires... warm air expands, fuller tires). The sensor was too sensititve and it drove me crazy driving around with that light on!

So in the morning it was cooler, light would come on.... in the afternoon it had warmed up, and light would go off. Annoying.

3. pjbleek

pjbleek

+2
    I chalked up a few of the times of this happening due to I wasn't driving the car for consecutive days, but it has been driving me absolutely nuts there is nothing that they have done to remedy this problem. Going again tomorrow to see if we can get this settled, if it means me ripping out that god damn sensor....watch out!!!!

4. Alien Allen

Alien Allen
    Froggy the Prick

+3
    touchy sensors

check the air level yourself periodically and ignore the message

My Equinox started doing that this winter and did our GMC pickup at work. The pressure was fine

Ever since it warmed up my car has not had the message

5. satinbutterfly

satinbutterfly
    Miss Piggy

+1
    My explorer did the same thing. Very annoying, but I kept an eye on the air pressure and just learned to ignore it.

6. rback33

rback33
    Back Again... but reformed...

+2
    Black Tape...

7. Stone

Stone

+57
    My sisters Fusion also throws a false low pressure warning once in a while and the pressure is OK.

8. NoDak

NoDak

+10
    Also works for the "Check Engine" light.